Wednesday, May 9, 2007

account of a travel worn gung-ho part 2

so you think the passport thing was done? think again! and read!

once i got my passport tuesday afternoon, my superiors told me to go ahead and apply for a visa tomorrow because i'm leaving on the 15th (what?!)... and tomorrow came... that is today...

"hi, this is me. can you please assist me on my visa application? i'm leaving on the 15th. sorry, i know it's really short notice but can you help me?"

sorry, but it usually takes 7 days if you go through us. why not try the embassy agency? maybe they can help you. they are located in makati.

"ok, thanks! at least that's only 15 mins from the office!"

=================================================================

at the embassy agency:

"miss, you need to have the following: bank certificate, bank statement, managers check for php2900, employment certificate, 2 passport size photos, passport and php600 handling fee."

WHAT???!!! why haven't anybody told me this before???

and so, i left the agency and ran around the city. first, to my bank for the certificates, statements and check. next is to my house for the employment certificate, only to find out that my original is at the office! and oh! when i left the bank, it was raining! am i lucky, or what?! once i got my employment certificate at the office and had my documents photocopied, i was at the agency again!

there, i poured my heart out so that they would help expedite my application...

"well, what you can do is write to the visa officer to have your application expedited... short notices happen to some of our clients sometimes and they had to write this kind of letter... usually, if it's for business, they try to do their best to expedite the application...."

thank God for that! and so i left the agency with a spring to my steps (never mind that the elevator to the tenth floor down broke down again and i had to go three floors down to get to the next available elevator LOL)... at last i'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment