Friday, July 28, 2006

Love in the Fields

When I was in my undergrad years, I often hear about a former professor of our Institute who is such a terror that nobody would like to be under his focus for even a second. As years went by, I often see him visit the school or my adviser at the lab. Today, I work for him, with him.

I thought he would really be a terror but not now. He is different and he is such a kind man who's got a patience as wide as the sea to a person like me. I cannot truly say he is fun to be with (because sometimes, I still feel that he could be a terror) but I always feel, when we are together, that he tries to bridge the gap. He is like a grandfather to all of us and it feels nice. But the reason I'm writing this is just to put down into words a joke he likes telling us. The joke was a text message from a friend of his.

The joke.

Why is it not good to make love in the fields?

Why?

Because the corns have ears,

the pineapples have eyes,

and

the beans talk!


Hahaha

Corny, I know. But coming from him, it would really bring a smile to your face. It's just great fun to watch him insist for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment