Saturday, June 2, 2007

overcoming hurdles

last sunday, i was so stressed with work, i haven't finished my report, i was due to leave for fieldwork the next day, haven't finished packing yet, and my room looked like a tornado hit it. i was at my wit's end and it seemed that i couldn't take it anymore. i talked to my parents, broke down and just cried-- hard.

it had been a while since i cried very hard and it just felt so good. it may have not vanished the worry, hurt, stress that i was feeling but it helped ease the pain. if there was one thing i was grateful for that day, it's the presence of my parents and friend who talked me out of this depression. as my friend said, "chill out!" and if i get screamed at (which i think is one of my greatest fear), all i had to do is say "f*** you! mind your own business!" the idea of me saying that is ridiculous that it made me laugh. i thank God that i have special people like them in my life.

====================================================

this past week, i had overcome a monumental hurdle in my life. i was scared but some people's encouragement got me pass through it all. thanks to the Lord. and more, i was able to enjoy a little of that experience. i gained, what i hope they would be, new friends and learned a new culture, and that made me glad. the next few steps i will be taking in the next few weeks may present a lot more than what i had experienced last month, but now i know, i can get pass through all this with God and my friends behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment