Wednesday, November 26, 2008

prayers and kindness

i have been praying for my boss to be kind to me for weeks now. so far, and let this be a testimony to God's goodness, my boss has shown me kindness during those times he seems to acknowledge my presence.

you see, i've always been afraid of him. he is quick to anger and he's got a loud voice. when he is angry, it seems that half the people can hear him. this year alone, i have been shouted at and got a dressing down for things i've done wrong. i have my excuses but i won't justify my weakness in terms of work. it is, and will still be (given the current office situation), as it is without the training, and proper guidance one needs to build his or her competency (now i've said my excuse!). everytime i get a dressing down, i feel i'm not worth anything and all the hard work that i've put on in the project is a waste. it depresses me and i hate the feeling because it makes me want to leave the work i want.

lately though, i've been trying to change my attitude. turn it into positive thoughts. every night and every morning, before i go to work, i pray that my boss will be kind to me. it's even ok to be reprimanded, but please, don't shout at me. that's one thing that doesn't work in a good way for me. once i asked God to have my boss to, well, just have a look at me and my work. He listened but it was in a different way. yes, he minded me, but in a way that i got the worst dressing down for the whole year (i hope it will be the last). today, i ask that he be kind to me and nothing else.

but that's not really the point of this whole thing, although i've written a lot about it. my main point is, God listens! He knows what we need and if He sees that you really need it, without fail, He gives it to you. so do not be afraid to ask. in the Bible, it is told to us in plain words:

Matthew 7:7-8
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives and teh one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Matthew 21:22
Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.

1 John 5:14-15
And we have this confidence in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked Him for is ours.

AMEN. God is good! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment