Monday, August 7, 2006

The Weekend's Amazing Trip


This trip was planned for months. Tickets were bought cheap from Cebu Pacific. Cost: PhP 1,600.00 round trip.

(And to help you with your future travel plans to Cebu and Bohol, I'm also posting the estimate costs of what I spent there so you would know how to budget your trip.)


July 29
4 AM pick-up at my place

around 530 AM - at the airport for check-in.

we still have plenty of time. met up with friends and bought some breakfast.
hotdog sandwich: PhP 60
hot chocolate: PhP 25
bottled water: PhP 20

The difference of PhP 5 is the worth of getting your tongue scalded.

around 550 AM - announcement of delay in the flight departure.
sure, ok. at least there was a tv in the departure area

around 630 AM - boarding of Cebu Pacific's Mla-Cebu flight

around 730 AM - arrival at the Mactan International Airport

around 800 AM - taxi ride to OceanJet pier to take the boat going to Bohol
Cost: PhP 250 (not metered, but the taxi brought us directly inside the pier terminal)

around 830 AM - we're chance passengers. waiting to see if we can be accommodated in the 930 AM boat. Ticket cost (round trip): PhP 520.00

Around 945 AM- we're off to Bohol!

Around 1145 AM - arrival at the Tagbilaran Pier. we were picked up by our friend's family. Off we go to our Adventure!

First Stop: Hinagdanan Cave.
Entrance Cost: PhP 10.oo
Pasalubong Cost (estimate cost only. you can haggle if you want)...
Tarsier Bag: PhP 120.00
Tarsier cellphone bag: Ph100.00
Ref magnets: PhP35.oo (or 3 for PhP100.00)

Next Stop (coz we were already hungry): Bohol Divers' Resort

Around 2PM: waiting at the resort's restaurant for our food.
Seafood lunch cost: PhP175.00

Around 3PM (?): still eating lunch..

Around 4PM: picture taking along the Panglao coast; started raining.

checked our accommodations. my friend and I got our own room in this chalet which boasts four rooms (3 doubles, 1 single), dining /kitchen room and three bathrooms. not bad for a place which costs PhP5,000.00. =)

Still raining. Now, how can I enjoy the beach??? Simple. Wear your swimsuit and go even if it means swimming in cold waters and in a downpour. Actually, it was fun. It was low tide so I was able to go look around the sea grass for starfishes. There were also some underwater springs, which I'm afraid to go near to because once you get your foot in it, the sand just caves down. It felt like there's something pulling your foot (or was it just my imagination?). If you're going to Panglao, and you're not a diver, don't forget to bring your snorkel, unlike me who forgot to bring one.It was just great that my friends brought extras.

It was really fun to go back to the beach. Oh! I've been to a lot of beaches but as always, there's a first time for everything. I stepped on a sea urchin. Luckily, I was able to remove most of the spines although there were some stubborn ones. Just don't ask me how I took them out! Hehe

When we got back to our room, there's a lady who was offering a massage service. Cost: PhP250 (whole body massage)

Around 8PM - Dinner in one of the restaurants along the coast. Cost: PhP125.00

10 PM - sleeping! (unfortunately, we don't have a tv in our room but it was okay because we had to get up at 5 AM the next day so we could have an early start)

RISE and SHINE!

30 July

5 AM - Awake and waiting for breakfast to be served.
Continental Breakfast: PhP125.00

6 AM - Ready to go on our next adventure...
Tour Cost: PhP3,000.00

First Stop: Sikatuna... Lugar san nagkaroon ng blood compact ang ating mga sinaunang bayani. Cost: Libre. Free.

Second Stop: Chocolate Hills. Maintenance Fee: around PhP10.00

Third Stop: Tarsiers. Cost: Again, libre. Free.

Fourth Stop: Hanging Bridge and Buko King
Maintenance Donation and Buko King's Show: Any amount will do

Fifth Stop: 10 AM - Floating Restaurant. Buffet. Cost: PhP 260.00

Last Stop: Baclayon Church. The only Catholic Church in the Philippines that is made out of corals. It also houses the third bamboo organ in the Philippines (the other two are found in Las Pinas and ... hmm, kalimutan ko... but this is the third). But really, the church is wonderful!

1230 PM - at the Tagbilaran Pier on our way back to Cebu

Snacks: Peanut Kisses worth PhP26/box.

3 PM - Arrival in Cebu.
Taxi Fare to Lapu-Lapu City: Php120.00

After this, I met my friend in this one mall and rested a while.

The next day, August 1, I went to Mandaue City to meet my friends all alone. Jeepney fare from Lapu-Lapu City to SM is PhP11.oo and the taxi to my friends' hotel is around PhP90.00. Our next and last stop before going to the airport for our noon flight is the Taoist Temple.

At the Taoist Temple, the spirits had granted my wish for them to answer one of my wishes. I am happy about my first visit there and the answer to my question.

-The End-

Pictures to be uploaded later... Pictures already uploaded....

No comments:

Post a Comment