Tuesday, September 4, 2007

excess baggage

when it was time for me to come home after a brief stint in cam, i realized that i had plenty of bags to take home. i had two travel bags containing my clothes, books and readings; one backpack and one laptop bag for hand-carries. upon arrival at the airport, i went straight to a kilohan to check how much my excess baggage was and alas! it was 30kg! what the heck! do i still have enough money to pay for that excess?!

......check, check my wallet! (ok, i have enough, thank God...) *laugh out loud*

then, i went straight to the airlines' customer service and asked how much the excess baggage costs (if i can't afford it, then some of my stuff will have to go!). the funny thing was that after i asked my question, she said:

"going where? to the philippines? it's 30pounds per kilo."

wow, she didn't mince words, did she. just by looking at me and my excess baggage, she knows i'm from the philippines. well, pinoys are known for their excess baggages anyway, right? at least i didn't carry any balikbayan boxes! *laugh out loud again*

but in the end, after seeing that i was a student, they let me off the hook and i paid nothing as long as i don't buy anything from the duty free shops to add to my luggage. lucky me!!! *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment