Monday, October 22, 2007

ten days of misery

ten days of misery is almost over.


"one day more, another day - another destiny"

when it's time for me to come home, i'm not that sick anymore. but i've become dependent on the seasickness pill to keep me going. but i've learned. and that's important. i've made friends (though some of them, i don't want to meet again just to keep my peace).

i know i'll be laughed at at the office for being seasick but hell! it's time to accept that this work is not for me. i've had my experience, and that's enough. sometimes, it's been such a struggle, thinking that i shouldn't have asked for this. before, i was raring to go but now... i just want to go home. but i'll miss ravi, peter, nahud, and even rosman! hahaha

i guess this is one of those times where a saying applies to me: "be careful what you wish for." ;)

but then again, i'm not sure i can even call it misery at all. it is a mind-opening experience despite my seasickness. i've learned how to cope up in a vessel with me as the only female passenger; i've learned that people - whatever their color is - are generally good and willing to teach and extend a hand (you just have start talking to them - in english! ;)); i've learned things for my job and i've seen things i never would have seen if i haven't gone and done this job. i've gained friends that i hope i will see in the future and i'm such grateful for this experience! but i won't miss being sick and throwing up almost everywhere at the boat! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks, strat!so glad to be home! and to be in the company of girls again! hahaha ten days with no girls to talk to can be dizzying! lol

    ReplyDelete