Thursday, May 15, 2008

the accident

so some of you might be wondering what accident i happened into the other day. so, let me tell my story.

the other day, i woke up early to be able to go to work with plenty of time to spare. i thought that since it was raining last night, the road could get a little bit slippery and muddy. so i left the house early, wearing only slippers (as opposed to wearing high heeled shoes) so i wouldn't hurt myself when walking through a rain-slicked road. so there i was, walking up the overpass, across it and had taken a few steps down the other side. i looked at my every steps to prevent myself from slipping. i looked down the other side of the stairs to see if there's any available jeepney and then ---- i lost my footing and slipped! just that! one look at the jeep and wham! down the steps. around five steps. i can't stop it no matter how much i wanted it to. i tried using my feet to stop my fall but i only ended having a hurt foot (and fear that my sprained ankle will act up again) and behind.

when the falling stopped, i saw people looking at me but i haven't had the time to get embarrassed (at first). i stood up, looked at my muddy self and decided right there and then that i won't be going to work especially with that hurt foot. a lady behind stopped me and asked how i was but all i could say is "i'm alright. thanks for asking." and then i went back-up, across the overpass and down the stairs on the other side. and to home where i sat on the floor and felt sorry for myself. well, when i had time to catch my breath, i couldn't help but laugh with my sister who was unbelieving of my bad luck. but with every laugh, i felt teary-eyed too, because i felt sorry for myself.

anyway, all in all, it was a good day because i saw how my family and friends where concerned for me. it was probably just a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment