Wednesday, May 21, 2008

surrounded by love

i love my family for i am surrounded by their love. every little story has a touch of love --

according to my mama's story, lola told her that she dreamt of my lolo the other night. she was sad because she said, there he was. standing there, but he never did look at her. he has not even called to her (to which my mom thought that if he really did call, she might be tepok by now :D). then she went on to say that my tita is calling her back to california but she never wanted to come back because "cinto is here. how can i go back there when cinto is here. i don't want to leave him anymore." i'm guessing that lola misses lolo so much. after all these years that he had gone (i was close to seven when he died), there is still love for him within her. maybe love truly does not fade.

as i am writing this, i remembered one story she told my mom a long time ago. while she was still living in america, she had a suitor who wanted to marry her. all she said to him was "we are already old." i'm guessing lola doesn't want to replace lolo anymore because as she said - they are already old. a few years after that, she went back home here.

today, lola is ninety-six years old. when told that she'd still reach one hundred, she'll just say thank you, but "i am not hoping for that anymore. i am ready." i guess, she is, and i guess she is waiting for that time when she will be with her cinto...

-----

so you see, i am surrounded by love. when i grow old, i want what my parents have. i want what i see from my lola's love for my lolo, cinto. a long and lasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment