Saturday, February 7, 2009

cake and kid

i picked up my birthday cake gift today. it's lovely! baked by H & R, it's a round cake, very heavy with white icing and red heart sprinkles and beads on them! will post a picture later...

to continue with the story, as i was waiting for the jeepney to have enough passengers to take off, the jeepney barker leaned over the red box i'm carrying and saw that it was my cake. he then proceeded to talk to me but as it was not in my nature to talk to strangers (well, i was kind of afraid because i was the first one inside the jeepney and there were two of them there, the barker and his friend. i'm afraid they might get crazy and accost or rob me. sorry, i'm also an untrusting fool...), i didn't talk nor looked at him. but yes, i heard him alright.

'si ma'am, may birthday cake. birthday siguro ng anak niya. happy birthday po, ma'am.'
ma'am has a birthday cake. it's probably her kid's birthday. happy birthday, ma'am.

what the heck?! do i look that old, and do i look like i've already given birth? anyway, i just sat there, as if they didn't say anything nor did i hear anything. but as i was sitting there, i just tried to take it as something funny. i didn't want to ruin my day and it's not a big deal to actually make me ruin my day. so i just smiled and ignored them. but yes, i just had to write this one out. it's funny anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment