Thursday, August 28, 2008

sister's blog

last weekend was a long one and so, my sister decided to really do something to her multiply account. for her first album, she posted pictures of us together at the apartment. it was really sweet. the next day, i woke up pretty late and found her sound asleep. i later found out that she slept at 4am just because she got hooked up on upgrading her account. as i checked mine, i saw in my inbox that she had already posted albums, music, and a blog! hmmm that got me interested and looked at what she'd written. i never thought i would be shocked and i felt more love for her.

"i almost got my sister killed." this was what she had written and i never realized that she had strong memories of this, albeit a twisted one. i never thought we'd share this childhood memory in a way that probably had a very great impact when we were growing up. you see, i never realized that she promised herself that she wouldn't get physical with me. well, okay, there were the moments of hair-pulling but that was nothing to what happened when we were kids that made her think this way.

she talked about how she pushed me off a ledge getting to a playmate at our neighbor's house. the truth was, it wasn't a playmate she was getting to but she just wanted to sit on the ledge. she never pushed me away really, but i was getting off the ledge to let her sit when she accidentally brushed me aside as she excitedly went up. after that, all hell broke loose. i fell and the moment i opened my eyes, the world was turning fast and fast around me, then i felt undescribable pain running the back of my head. i started screaming like there was tomorrow. maybe i thought i was dying, i don't know. but i heard my sister cry out loud and over and over again - "ate, huwag kang mamatay. ate, huwag kang mamatay." my parents where not at home at that time so our neighbor had to rush me to a clinic to have my wound cleaned up. when we got home, i was bald at the back of my head and got four stitches. until now, the back of my head is not perfectly round. when i touch it, i feel that there's a little groove, or edgy part there. anyway, from my sister's blog, this was also another thing that got twisted. she thought i got three stitches on my forehead. i don't know how she concluded that when in fact, i fell backwards. well, a lot of things happened that day and she was just a kid.

i was six and she was four.

No comments:

Post a Comment