Thursday, October 16, 2008

scared

i killed a snake today --- and it scared the hell out of me.

as i was closing the back door of the apartment, i noticed a worm-like creature lying atop the bathroom's floormat. curious as i was, i looked at it for the longest until i realized this worm is kinda different from the usual ones i see. slowly, my heart began beating fast as it dawned on me that this is a baby snake! the skin was different, it looked different, and within me, it felt different. it moved itdifferently. it scared me!

i suddenly stood as it started moving towards the bathroom. i ran away, not knowing what to do. i'm scared it might bite my feet or wrap itself around one of my little toes. imagine, this was just a little snake, about two and a half inch long and probably two millimeters wide, yet it made me run scared. i don't know what to do but i know i have to kill it before it goes inside the drainage. i can just tell you a story in one of the far off islands in the country where they lost water supply only to find out that a snake grew inside their underwater pipeline! i can't have that happening to the drainage of our bathroom so i had to act fast. it was moving fast!

i put on my sister's sneakers, grabbed my slippers, hoping to crush it to death. yet i can't do it. i was scared going near it, thinking it would move in it's snakelike movements towards me and bite me. that was why i put on the sneakers. second solution was to spray it with an insect repellant. it made matters worst. it probably got affected as it was moving more furiously now. in a little while it stopped. i thought it was dead. i stared at it, hoping it to be dead when it moved again -- but this time slowly... and then faster! oh no! how are we going to kill it??? it's moving towards the drainage again now. luckily, the pail covered the drainage hole so it can't get past through it fast!

finally, we thought -- hot water! my sister heated some water fast and when it's done, handed me the pot. she can't do it so i'll have to pour it down on the poor snake (yuck, what's poor about it?). when i poured the hot water on it, it just stopped moving and was stiff right away - or so i think. at least, this time i am sure it's dead. i may be cruel to that creature but i'm thinking of our safety first. what if it grows up and kills us? wrap itself around us and crush us until our breath stops and our bones crushed. i can't let that happen so i killed the baby snake.

i killed the snake because i'm totally scared of it.

i hate reptiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment