Thursday, October 16, 2008

seize the day

CARPE DIEM.

it was a long time since i heard these words. i am away from the jesuits a little too long. today, it gave me hope. it strengthened me.

i thank God for giving me friends who can strengthen me. i have been a worrisome lately. people say i need a new environment and i just don't know where to find it. going away from town for a couple of days doesn't help anymore.

CARPE DIEM to all the things i have to do. Live for the moment. It's good to plan ahead but not at the cost of being so stressed at Today. Life shouldn't be of regrets. Mistakes are acceptable but not regrets. Risk -- for it is only in risks that you learn more of yourself, to gain more, to live more. Take risks even if it scares you. Living for the moment means to take risks.

Yet, I am scared. Instead of becoming more confident as i grow old, i became more worrisome. I hate that about me. I envy friends who can take risks. I am just way too scared to do it. And yet, this is why I thank God for strengthening me through friends. I need Him badly and He's here.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment