Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a friend's visit

time to decompress my thoughts ----

i am grateful for being able to meet my good friend, her husband and her cute little baby. the last time i saw them was on their wedding day two years ago, where i proceeded to enjoy the wide variety of drinks offered and danced the night away... today, i saw their little bundle of joy and it was great! she might have cried the first time she saw me, was kinda shy (which i'm sure she isn't) but later, she was looking at me, probably curious as to who i was.

it was great catching up with my old friend, and her mom and husband. they are a nice family, but perhaps, more european now, since i can only stay for a while because they'll be having guests for dinner later that night. well, i wasn't invited. of course, one can't crash into a family gathering, right? it was enough that i get to see them again....

B and I talked about old times, sharing some info about people we know to her mom and husband. as we are in the same industry, we talked about work, too. sometimes, you can't just not stop shop talk since it IS part of our lives. it is one of the things that drives us, but more so for B. she had always been driven while i prefer to lag along. i admire her enthusiasm and sometimes i had that, too. yet people are built differently. it is with her, through her that i learned never to envy anyone because we don't know the things one does just to get there. we all have diffent paths to take in our life's journeys. sometimes you'll go together but as my mama always says, you have to go your separate ways to grow up.

i admit though that i envy her sometimes. she's got what she wanted and more. she experienced more. someday my life, though not as very fairytale-like like hers, would reach its peak and i'll have what i want, too. it just isn't the time the Lord has given yet.

but today, what i'm grateful for is being able to see my friends again, however brief it was. i'm grateful for my friend for she has always been an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment