Monday, January 26, 2009

my brother's visit

so i spent a lot this week while my brother was here. so what, i don't mind. as i said before, i have no family of my own to take care of. so needless to say, i'd support my mom, dad and sister; perhaps my brother and his family, too... on occasions, especially my adorable nephew.

yet sometimes, i admit i am selfish, too. it has always been my point not to buy or give anything for anyone, either family or friend, something that i won't give or buy for myself. take for example, the havaianas. i really love to have one of those but to me, they cost too much for just a pair of slippers. so i dream of having one of that but never did get one. never did i buy one for anyone, even my nephew... no matter how much my brother is implying to buy one for his kid. the same goes with S's pants. the ones we found while shopping cost almost the same as my pants! i didn't know those little pants could cost so much. i was not willing to shell out that much for one pair of pants so i encouraged my brother to buy the cheapest we could find since S will outgrow those pants without you noticing it. luckily, we found something cheaper and on sale so i decided to buy another one for him. now he's got two pants to choose from. practical, don't you think?

anyways... my brother is back home now. the house is quiet again and in a way, i'll miss having him here. (but maybe i'd welcome them back soon, let's just see what happens next.) no one is going to cook breakfast and dinner anymore. no one to wash the dishes when you don't like doing it. and most especially, no one to talk to or watch children's shows with. no one to greet you when you arrive home... :(

yet this week was a happy time. the one thing i'm grateful for. i was able to spend time with my brother. one didn't happen often after i went to college. you see, we both left home at the same time. me, for university and he, for med school. when he finished, he went back home to practice while i stayed near campus and found a job here. i only see him during christmas, but that too, isn't as often as one would want. most of the time, he spends the holidays at the hospital; and now that he's married, he spends time with his own family.

so today, i thank God for making my brother decide to stay at our place instead of getting a place with his friends near the exam center. today, i thank God for bringing my brother safely back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment